Saturday, April 8, 2017

The years seem like the wind across my face, as fleeting as a leaf floating downstream. It doesn't seem like that long ago that I posted a message on this blog, but it has been years. Pardon me if I get thoughtful or even philosophic, but lately I've been reflecting on a French poet's analysis of life. He said that there is one word that describes all of existence, and that word is "Goodbye." It's a grim thought, I suppose, because we are constantly leaving behind the moments of living. The first sentence of this blog entry as it is read is in the past. The last meal you ate is a memory no matter how good or bad it was. We can't hold on to the present moment and keep it with us except in memory. In our modern world we live longer and faster, but do we live each moment to its fullest? Perhaps we can anticipate an eternity where time does not exist and the magic word may be "Hello" instead of "Goodbye" and we will be able to keep the past and future always with us.

No comments: