Thursday, August 13, 2009

AGAIN IN PARIS

May 28, 2009 I'm by myself again in Paris. The City of Lights never changes, yet there is something different about it this time. Paris seems more "gritty" and much more busy. Perhaps it seems that way because I am tired and alone. The drizzling rain doesn't promote the "Paris in Love" kind of feeling, either. It didn't help that I arrived during the early morning rush. I managed to catch the RER from the airport to Gare de Lyon with the help of a Frenchman from San Francisco. He was friendly and was going in the same direction, so we talked about France and America and we rode the RER to Chatelet. He got off and I stayed on for Gare de Lyon. Even though I had a satellite map of the station and the street where the B&B was located near Gare de Lyon, I still managed to get "turned around" and wandered in the wrong direction for about an hour. After I found the B&B and got settled in, Me. Vundeheiler was very friendly and helpful . Later I ate some onion soup and a ham sandwich, then wandered, this time purposely, to photograph "the spirit of Paris." It is an ethereal and on going search, which I will continue.

No comments: